How One Can Create a New Document in Photoshop CC?
In photoshop, the first and the foremost thing that a person has to do is creating a new document. All other functions can be performed only once you’ve created a document. There are several ways in which you can create a new document in Photoshop.
In this article, we are going to share three different ways in which you can create a new document in Photoshop. So, let’s have a look at those methods that can help you to create a new document as follows:
1. How to Open a Document Using the Menu Bar?
If you’re already having some images which you want to edit in Photoshop, here we have provided a guide on how you can do it quickly:
- Navigate to the File option located at the top menu bar.
- Click on it.
- Find and tap on “Open” from the available options.
- You can also use the Ctrl+O to open a new document in Photoshop.
- Now, you’ll see your files and folders.
- Navigate to the folder where you’ve saved the images that you wanna open in Photoshop.
- Once you’ve found it, tap on the image to select it.
- Tap on the Open button.
2. How to Create a New Document from the Home Screen?
Did you just landed on the Home Screen and you want to create a document directly from there? If yes, then here are the steps which you can follow to do the same:
- Tap on the Create New button that you can find in the left menubar.
- This will redirect you to the New document dialog box.
- By default, the recent thumbnail is selected.
- You can either proceed with the selected one or move further to select a new thumbnail.
- If you want to use a custom document size, then tap on the file type you want to create.
- You can either select Photo, Print, Arts & illustrations, etc.
- All these options can be found in the top bar.
- Once you’ve selected document type, a number of thumbnails will start appearing on your screen.
- You’ll see only a few presets at first.
- Tap on the ViewAll Presets button to see the available presets.
- Tap on any one of the preset which suits your requirements.
- On the right side, you’ll see the resolution settings.
- Set the Resolution to 300 pixels/inch for better quality.
- Click OK to apply the changes.
3. How One Can Use the Custom Settings Available in Photoshop?
Photoshop comes along with a plethora of document settings that you can exercise in case you want to create a document with custom settings. Here are the different custom settings available which you can exercise to create a custom document:
1. Height and Width
By default, you’ll find different height and width settings for different presets. In order to change the default values, you can type different values in the measurement boxes to experiment with what works best for you.
2. Background Color
If you want to set a background color for your image, then you can exercise the Background contents option for it. There are different colors available and you can select the one which seems good to you.
3. Color Modes and Bit Depth
There are different color modes and Bith Depth options available in Photoshop. Under the Color modes & Bit Depth section, you can set a color mode along with the bit depth for your document.
4. How to Save the Custom Settings as a New Preset?
- Firstly, fill in the preferred custom settings that you want.
- Then, tap on the save icon located at the top-right corner.
- Now, give your preset a name and tap on the Save Preset button.
- You can find your saved presets under the saved category.
- In order to delete a saved preset, all you have to do is just tap on the trash bin icon located at the right corner.