A few months back, WordPress came up with its 5.0 release that features a Gutenberg editor instead of the Classic editor. Since most of the people were familiar with the Classic editor, they found it hard to use the Gutenberg editor to write and publish their content.
If you are one of those people, then don’t be worry about it, as we have found a method which you can use to change the Gutenberg editor to the Classic one. So, let’s have a look at how we can change the Gutenberg editor into the Classic one within a matter of minutes as follows:
How Can I Disable the Gutenberg Editor?
Since most of the people weren’t comfortable with the block-based editor, WordPress also came up with an official solution that can help you to change the Gutenberg editor into the classic one. Here are the steps which you can follow to do the same:
Step 1: Install the Classic Editor Plugin
- Go to the Plugins Section.
- Search for the Classic Editor Plugin.
- When it appears, tap on the Add button.
- This will add the Classic Editor Plugin to the Plugins Section.
- Now, Go to the Plugins section again.
- Look for the Classic Editor Plugin.
- When you’ve found it, then tap on the Activate button.
- This will activate the Classic Editor plugin.
Step 2: Configure the Classic Editor Plugin Settings
After the installation of Classic Editor Plugin, you have to configure its settings properly, so that you can use the Classic Editor. Here, we have shared the steps which you can follow to do the same.
- Go to your WordPress Dashboard.
- Look for the Settings option in the left menu bar.
- Under Settings, you will see a Writing option.
- Tap on it.
- Look for the Classic Editor settings there.
- There, you will see an option to change the Block editor to Classic one.
- Use the option to change the Block editor to the classic one.
- Now, Save the settings and you are done with it.
What to Do If I Wanted to Use Both the Editors?
If you’re impressed with both the editors and you want to use both of them, then the Classic Editor also has an option for this. Let’s see how you can do this as follows:
- When you have got the Classic editor Plugin enabled, you will see two options in the left menu.
- One is the regular Add new and the Add New(Classic) as a new option.
- You can tap the Add New(Classic) option whenever you want to use both the editors.
- This will allow you to use both the editors simultaneously.
Both the Gutenberg and Classic editors are designed while keeping the requirements of users in mind. Both of them have an advantage over the other. You can use the one which seems comfortable to you and leave the other one.
Still having doubts about changing Gutenberg to Classic editor? Then, feel free to let us know about them in the comment section below. We are always happy to help our readers.